Australia wide professional seminar series.
Thoracic, Lumbar and Sacral Disorders
with Terry Hitzke
A neurological approach for the TCM, Chiro/Osteo and Myo-Therapy practitioner
Want to be better at treating back pain, our most common presenting condition? This is the seminar for you.
This 2 day seminar will cover the most important conditions affecting the thoracic, lumbar and sacral spine. It takes a refreshing new approach to musculo-skeletal disorders beyond a standard acupuncture treatment, drawing on recent neurological research, a strong hands on approach and over 36 years of experience.
You will learn how to assess the causes of back conditions and measure patient outcomes, which is vital to providing treatments your patient will value and follow through.
You will learn the most important patterns and common denominators involved in back pain and Terry’s unique treatment protocol Ant-Ag Therapy. This Antagonist-Agonist Muscle activation and isolation can be used as a complete stand-alone treatment or in conjunction with your existing skills to substantially enhance outcomes.
Recurring Musculo- skeletal issues can be difficult to treat. While some treatments take away pain, these effects may be only temporary. This seminar will take you deeper into exploring why these conditions keep coming back and outline treatment strategies for long term resolutions for the patients you really care about.
This seminar is a continuation of the Nature of Muscles, Joints and Pain seminar series and builds on the content from previous two day courses: Foundational Principals and Practice, Head, Neck and TMJ disorders, and Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Disorders (Videos available here)
While viewing these previous seminars is highly recommended, you can rest assured that this stand alone module will supply you with all the take-home all the tools necessary to complete your patient’s rehabilitation.
This two-day hands on seminar will cover:
- The neuroscience of pain
- Ant-Ag Therapy (Terry’s unique treatment protocol)
- Specific Acupuncture, Pyonex (press needles) and dynamic cupping treatment techniques
- Easy to implement rehabilitation techniques
- Ant-Ag Stretches for patients to take home
- New ways of understanding back pain based on a wholistic understanding of the latest neuroscience
- Comprehensive assessment of the thoracic, lumbar and sacral spine
- Postural assessment and optimal joint alignment for the spine
- The importance of sleep and sleeping position for spine health
- The common denominators of chronic back pain and how to fix them
- The role of muscular co-contraction, poor core biomechanics and compression
- Hands-on techniques to create change quickly and heal underlying causes
- Take home all the tools necessary to complete your patient’s rehabilitation.
Conditions to be covered include:
- Primary and secondary sciatica
- Nerve impingement
- Bulging discs
- Rib and rib cartilage pain
- Muscle spasm and ischaemia
- Scoliosis and joint malalignment
- Spinal arthritis
- Sacroiliac compression and torsions
- Poor sleep and subsequent poor healing
- Participant submitted conditions (if you would like a condition covered please email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the condition)
This seminar is approved for a total of 13.5 CPD points by the following associations:
Duration: 2 days
Videos will be available for purchase online after the event.
What is Ant-Ag stretching?
A new way of stretching that breaks down acquired muscle guarding, provides permanent increases in range of motion and also strengthens and improves joint control, decreasing future injuries.
Ant-Ag Stretching and Therapy can be used in conjunction with your existing skill set to enhance your treatment. You will be able to send patients home with simple effective exercises that they’ve never seen before, setting you apart from the practitioner down the road.
Terry Hitzke is a former lecturer in Sports Injury Management and has been a full time practitioner of musculoskeletal practices (TCM/RMT/ Structural Balancing) for more than 36 years. He truly possesses a wealth of knowledge when it comes to understanding the complex causes of musculoskeletal pain and injuries. His experience and skill development span over of 56,000 patient treatments and was recently voted ‘Best Presentation on Acupuncture/Tuina’ at AACMAC 2018 by his peers.
Very enjoyable and informative. This will be an exciting step in my education.Steve Grant Acupuncturist/Osteopath. Sydney
Thank you so much for the wonderful presentation over the last 2 days. I am inspired to apply the new knowledge and skills, so thank you for sharing them with me.Rebecca Turner Remedial Therapist. Sydney.
I loved learning the neural side of things and how the brain is really controlling things.Lou Murray Myotherapist. Sydney.
The workshop was insightful into other perspectives of the underlying mechanisms of pain. It helped me understand many of my patients conditions.Hong Quang Lu. Sydney.
I loved the practical stories, relaxed atmosphere, the amazing research behind the neuroscience of pain and how it applies to acupuncture. It has given me a better understanding of acupuncture mechanisms which has increased my confidence in clinic.George Blundell Acupuncturist. Sydney.
A very holistic approach to diagnosis and treatment. I am excited to see the results of the Ant-Ag exercises I am doing for myself and my clients.Bernice Lowe Acupuncturist. Sydney.
I liked that you could walk away from the workshop and be able to practice what we learned. Some of the content for me was like putting in the missing pieces of the puzzle. While initially it felt a bit complex it was actually quite simple and made sense when we put the techniques into action. I really enjoyed the course.Melissa Thompson Acupuncturist. Mudgeeraba
I loved Terry’s knowledge and his generosity in sharing his tips and experience. There are not many practitioners around with that amount of experience.Cathy Bell Acupuncturist. Brisbane.
I liked the integration of neuro stuff into clinic treatment options.Sam Andison Acupuncturist Brisbane
I valued the theory that was then applied to the practical. I found the Ant-Ag aspect of the course most applicable to me as an RMT. At first I was a little concerned at not being an acupuncturist but felt the course applied to me well.Leslie Eastman RMT Brisbane
I enjoyed the practical learnings and that there were four professional issues CPD points embedded in the course. It was a well presented seminar where you learn extremely useful techniques to permanently change bad habits and pain. Great tools for client and yourself to heal.Carolyn Allison Nichols TCM Acupuncture Melbourne
The new neurological material was really useful. Worth the flight from Perth.Wayne Sibson Osteopathy and Physiotherapy Perth
The two days went so fast. I wish there was more. Will definitely be coming to module two. It was enjoyable and essential knowledge.Paul Banninger Acupuncture and RMT Melbourne
It was fantastic. Due to our busy and stressful life, it's good to learn to relax the body, muscles, mind at the same time. And using this knowledge to pass on and sharing with people around.Hong Ngo Acupuncturist Melbourne
As a sports myo it was a good workshop for me to do to listen to the different TCM philosophies in the group.Toby Glennon Sports Myo Sydney
Thank you for a wonderful couple of days of learning - very inspiring and interesting.Melissa Zafer Acup / Chinese herbs Melbourne
A great workshop to do to understand the link between the body, mind, spirit with solid evidence and a musculoskeletal base.Razz Smith RMT Sunshine Coast
Would you like to get better results when treating pain and musculoskeletal conditions?
You've come to the right place. These seminars and videos can definitely improve your success with musculoskeletal clients, and help you build a loyal client base that is keen to refer.
Tap into the knowledge and experience of Terry Hitzke, Acupuncturist, RMT and former lecturer in Sports Injuries Management, who has over 36 years of clinical experience diagnosing, treating and understanding the causes of musculoskeletal pain and disorders.
" I have a lot to pass on before I retire and I want you to have it all."
You will learn:
- New techniques, time-saving shortcuts, treatment methods and patient management techniques that really work. But better than this, you will be exposed to the deep understanding that reveals the ‘true Nature’ of muscles and joints and how they behave when they are healthy and balanced.
- This provides easily identified contrast to see clearly when they are unhealthy, and points the direction to accurate diagnosis and treatment selection.
- Game changing insights from the recent neuroscience of pain and better understand the brain's role in producing pain, how to address it's needs and dismantle discomfort.
- Appreciate how Neuroscience is validating our traditional treatments and explaining better ways to heal.
- Educate your clients about their condition, manage their expectations and involve them in your treatment plan.
- Develop far more effective treatment protocols, that wholistically address the multiple causality of many conditions.
- Unique techniques using Acupuncture, the new silicone cups, Pyonex press pins, Ashi point release techniques and antagonist-agonist neural repatterning to restore function and reduce pain.
- Build a successful musculoskeletal sector in your practice that does its own marketing and improve patient management.
Upcoming Professional Seminars
Brisbane: 15 - 16 June 2019.
Melbourne: 23 - 24 March 2019.
Sydney: 25 - 26 May 2019.
Adelaide: 24 - 25 August 2019.
Effective treatment of Shoulder, Arm and Hand disorders.
These are two-day hands on seminars that deliver time-saving techniques that really work.
Investment: $395 for two days.
Videos will be available for purchase online.
The seminars have been approved for 14 AACMA, ANTA and ATMS CPE Points, including 4 professional issues points.